Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Making Sushi


I attempted to make sushi on Sunday.



I didn't do anything fancy. I did some vegetable and fruit rolls with cream cheese and a crunchy shrimp. If I sucked at it, I didn't want to waste a whole hell of a lot of money on ingredients if it was all going to be a blob of crap.


My only concern was, "How does the rice stick together so well?" There is no trick to it. Rice is sticky and you have to continue wetting your hands to keep it from sticking to your hands so you can actually manipulate the seaweed. It also stuck to my hair, my tank top, my face and my foot.

I didn't do too shabby for my first time. It was very messy and I hadn't a clue of what I was doing but every single one got eaten. Not in one sitting, even though that has never been an issue with us, but it was tasty.


My next sushi venture will be raw. I think I am ready. Yes, just after one time I am ready for the big time. I am a genius at cuisine, you know.


My next ethnic food attempt will be: Indian. Real indian. Not like chicken curry.

2 comments:

  1. Did you add the sugar and the rice vinegar to the sushi rice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are sushi rolling kits you can get.

    I've had sushi once, only because I hate seafood and most is seafood. And disgusting. I was drunk on New Year's Eve and tried crunchy crab. It was good, but it made me want to barf.

    Anyway, I'm saying this because I didn't know you could make fruit sushi and it sounds really good, so hook a sistah up.

    ReplyDelete